You can find the University's latest news, events and blogs at port.ac.uk/news-events-and-blogs

Win a £50 Gunwharf Quays voucher to treat a loved one or yourself this Valentine’s Day

We’re sharing the love this Valentine’s Day by running a prize draw for students to win a £50 Gunwharf Quays voucher. Treat a loved one to a meal out or treat yourself with a shopping trip. Whatever you choose to spend the money on, you can enter the competition by:

1. Joining our Student Facebook Group (if you’re not already a member)
  2. Let us know what you love about Portsmouth on our competition post in the group

T&Cs: The competition is open until midday on Monday 10 February and the winner will be drawn at random and contacted by their @myport.ac.uk email to arrange delivery. This competition is only for current students at the University.

8 total comments on this postSubmit yours
  1. Portsmouth creates an interesting balance: it has a close-knit feel akin to a village, where everybody knows everybody else and everything is within close reach, but with easy and quick connections to London, Southampton, Brighton etc it sits in a very accessible position on the south coast, allowing it to feel a part of the UK as a whole.

• Thanks Russell, be sure to add this to our competition post in the Facebook group to be in with a chance of winning the prize.

2. I love Portsmouth because of its beautiful views. One of my favourite things to do is to shop at Gunwharf and then visit the beach. I also love how everything is within walking distance from my home this is what attracted me to come to Portsmouth.

• Thanks Hannah, be sure to add this to the post in the Facebook group to be in with a chance of winning.

3. I love Portsmouth because of the beaches around, it’s less expensive to live here, the city is welcoming, the city is not busy so its allow you to move freely, walking distance everywhere you want to go, the crime rate in Portsmouth is very low, the city is clean and security is perfect

• Hi Seeta. If you’re a student, please join our UoP Students Facebook Group to enter the competition (link in the article). Thanks

4. I love Portsmouth because everything is within walking distance, one of my favourite things to do is walk to gunwharf and grab dinner or just sit and watch the sunset. I often visit the beach, sit and meditate or sketch. I love living living in a city where there are so many young people, it is always buzzing and you’re likely to make friends easily no matter where you are or what you’re doing.

5. We like food