You can now find the University's latest news, events and blogs at port.ac.uk/news-events-and-blogs

Prospective students left amazed by University open days

Around 3,000 prospective students were welcomed by staff at this year’s summer open days last week with the total, so far, beating last year’s number by over 250. 

The open days took place in the Guildhall again this year, after moving venue in order to meet the increased demand for campus visits. The Wednesday open day proved the most popular, with 1718 visitors. 

Open days give students a real feel for the city and give them the opportunity to see the facilities on offer so they can see how they will benefit from it and are a huge factor in student choice when deciding which University to attend.

The feedback received on the day was very positive, with students leaving having had a great experience of the University and its staff members:

“Everyone I’ve met, students and staff, were super lovely, happy to help and showed real enthusiasm for the day and being part of the uni! “

“I was amazed by Portsmouth University, and I am now certain this will be my first choice. The people are all so friendly and caring, I was made to feel very welcome, and the facilities are outstanding.”

“I hadn’t met any students or staff from Pompey uni before but they’ve definitely created a welcoming, friendly, multicultural environment that I’d love to be a part of”

The Marketing and Campaigns team would like to thank everyone who helped out during the day who contributed to this excellent feedback. The students are now in the ‘nurture’ stage of their journey with the University and will be sent useful information about applying to University and why Portsmouth is the best place for them.

Submit your comment

Please enter your name

Your name is required

Please enter a valid email address

An email address is required

Please enter your message