Be a part of your graduation ceremonies and deliver a Student Speech

The University’s Graduation Ceremony is the annual event where students, families, friends and the University celebrate each student’s success.  It’s also a chance for the University to look back at the three years of study and to show appreciation for those who have supported students throughout their University life.

The Student Speech forms a very important part of these ceremonies, providing students with an opportunity to let the audience know what the University of Portsmouth means to its graduates.

Representing all students we’d like you to deliver a short presentation to other students, guests and staff at this very important event.

Application to present:
If you would like to be that student at your graduation ceremony you can apply here and tell us why you would like to do so. 

Please email us at graduation@port.ac.uk and include your name, course and why you would like to present the Student Speech.

1 comment on this postSubmit yours
  1. LLB Law with Criminology

From day one at the University of Portsmouth I have always felt included and that endless opportunities were available to me. I have taken advantage of many great factors that the University present, including both the Law Society and the Rowing Club. By being a part of both of these societies my University experience has been phenomenal – although there have been many late nights and countless books to read I feel that I have truly embraced the University for what it has to offer.

Being on a mixed Honours Degree has been tough at times, trying to get to grips with a theoretical subject and then one which contrasts this greatly, however the academic support and assistance I have received has kept me sane, kept me going and kept me enjoying my degree.

I want to say thank you to the University of Portsmouth for truly giving my an incredible three years, ones that I shall always treasure.. even the all-nighters.