You can now find the University's latest news, events and blogs at port.ac.uk/news-events-and-blogs

‘My Green Uni’ student video competition winner announced

Student Henry Tang’s video ‘It’s not about how we get more, but how we can use less‘ has won the ‘My Green Uni’ video competition

UPSU, Green Portsmouth and a Green Champion worked together to create the ‘My Green Uni’ video competition, where students were asked to make a short video about ‘green’ issues close to the University, and their hearts.

Judges Catherine Redding (Student Union President) and Dr David Hutchinson (Environmental Facilitator at the University of Portsmouth) both chose Henry’s video to win, with Dr Hutchinson saying of the two shortlisted entries “I thoroughly enjoyed watching both – they made me laugh in places, but have a serious message. I thought that there was more of an attempt to explain the message and the reasons behind it in Henry’s video”

The other shortlisted entry was ‘Life Hacks’ submitted by Richard Denbigh – watch both videos on our page.

Make a positive difference to our environment by getting involved in activities organised by UPSU, and see how you can live more sustainably using the tips on our page