International Student Ambassador vacancies

We are looking for students who are passionate about their Portsmouth experience and are keen to contribute to our marketing, recruitment and social activities.

Full-time campus-based students at all levels of study can apply, although the role is not open to Erasmus or Exchange students.  Hours are varied and flexible; applicants should be available to work a minimum of 3 hours per week from November 2018.

The salary scale is Grade 2 (currently £9.02 per hour).  Undergraduate students will be recognised on HEAR on completion of the role.

Main duties include:

• Assisting with hosting visits to the University for international visitors, including campus tours
  • Contributing social media content and writing blogs about student life in Portsmouth
  • Participating in social activities for international students, helping to develop the social programme, and supporting integration on campus
  • Assisting at UK education fairs and other recruitment events
  • Assisting in the follow up communications with prospective international students
  • There is also potential to work in your home country during vacation periods

To request an application form, please email international-ambassadors@port.ac.uk.  All applications must be submitted by Friday 12 October 2018 to the same email address.

Interviews will take place Wed 24 to Fri 26 October.  Successful candidates will be required to attend training sessions relevant to the role on Wednesday afternoons in November.

If you have been shortlisted, you should expect to hear from us by Friday 19 October. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted and no feedback will be given to unsuccessful applicants.

5 total comments on this postSubmit yours
  1. I have submitted application for technology student ambassador through job portal. Is it enough or I need to email here too?
    Looking to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    Inayat

• Hello, this vacancy is for an International Student Ambassador rather than a Technology Student Ambassador so feel free to get in touch with the department to apply for this role too.

2. I am a third year a diagnostic radiography and would like to take this role. It will give the opportunity to apply my last two-year academic experience, personal knowledge and skills I have learned. I have good communication skills in the customer service in a similar role.

3. Hello,

I am a first year BSC computer science student, who can speak Cantonese and Mandarin I am interested in applying. Do I just need to email the address shown above to receive an application form?

• Hi Toby, yes that’s right. Please email the address to get an application form for the role.