Staff and students smile for the camera at Portsmouth Football Club’s official team photo

Students and staff joined Portsmouth Football Club players, manager and coaches for their official 2018/19 team photo at Fratton Park.

Students Sorina Toltica and Georgie Penfold and staff member Oliver Ing from Marketing and Communications attended the photoshoot within the stadium, at the start of the University’s three-year partnership with the club.

Sorina said: “It was an exciting experience as I have never been on a football pitch before. It was amazing to see how big the stadium is, imagining the stands full on match days with thousands of fans wearing their football shirts. My partner was very jealous as he is a big Pompey fan.”

Georgie said: “Seeing and meeting the team and having my photo taken with them was a truly unique experience. A dream come true, one might say. Not necessarily for my family who are huge Southampton fans – a fact I kept quietly to myself as I smiled next to the team. It was definitely an interesting experience and I am grateful to the University for the opportunity.”

Oliver Ing, who manages the Big Screen in Guildhall Square and is based within the Marketing and Communications department, works on various media assets as part of the partnership with the University. Oliver said: “There is a real excitement about Portsmouth Football Club this season. The new team kit, with the University branding playing centre stage of its integral design, fills me with an enormous sense of pride. It was a real honour to represent the University at the official 2018/19 team photo along with students and I wish the team both on and off the pitch, every success for the season ahead!”

Discounted tickets for staff and students

Discounted Purple Tickets are available for staff and students for all other home league matches for the same price as last year – £15.

The 2018/19 fixture list has details of all home League One matches including the final match on 4 May against Accrington Stanley.

Tickets are available to buy online via the Club’s website. Once staff and students have selected their match seats, you should select the “UOP (Student ID required)” ticket option for £15 and choose whether you want tickets delivered or collected at Fratton Park. Please take your student/staff ID card with you to show stewards.