Third year student becomes The Union Shop’s newest stockist

The Union Shop is now stocking sailing brand, Heligog, set up by third year student Henry Sturgeon.

Henry is a Business Management student at the University of Portsmouth, originally from the Yorkshire town of Skipton.

His inspiration for the brand came from his grandfather’s 28-foot yacht, named ‘Heligog’, as well as his own adventures on the sea as a child.

Henry said: “I decided to launch Heligog between my first and second year of university.

“I hadn’t been sailing for a long time and my love for it was reignited after I went sailing in Scotland with my friends that summer. I thought, “Sod it. I’m at university, I’m in Portsmouth and this is the time for it. If I don’t do it now, I won’t do it.”.

“Being at a coastal university is quite different from being at a normal university, there’s a lot of history here. I hope students will love the brand because of its inspiration from nautical heritage and the coastal lifestyle which is so prevalent in Portsmouth.”

The Union Shop has seen huge student interest in Heligog since it has started stocking the brand.

Union Shop manager Lucinda Kitching said: “We are thrilled to be stocking Heligog.

“The brand encapsulates everything that the city and university is about, we think it is something students will really get behind.”

Visit the Union Shop in-store today or browse the Heligog range online.