Following on from the success of the Department of Employability’s conference last April, we are delighted to provide further details of this year’s Employability and Enterprise Conference. Our theme this year is Preparing Our Students for Their Future Work. The conference will provide an opportunity to look at the challenges of the student journey towards career success.
This conference will be an opportunity to share research-informed practice and to consider how this can be used to deliver better outcomes for our students. In addition, we will hear from our students – what do they really think of employability and enterprise initiatives?
Doug Cole, Head of Global Employability and Enterprise at the Higher Education Academy, will be our keynote speaker on the subject of: ‘Preparing our students for their future work – rethinking employability?’
Breakout sessions led by academic colleagues and Purple Door staff will be as follows:
- Competency interviews are no longer the first choice of many graduate recruiters: Supporting your students through strength-based interviews
- A methodology for employability
- Preparing business and law students for sustainable careers: research informed strategies for curriculum development
- The Self-Employment Placement – what is it all about and why should we encourage more students to engage?
- Preparing social work students for the rigours of practice; developing personal resilience and employability of our graduates
After a Q&A session to round off the morning, lunch, and an optional tour of the Virtual Reality Suite, the session will close at 2pm.