The University of Portsmouth Choir is offering choral scholarships for 2017-2018 to singers from any subject area in the University. The scholarships provide free individual singing lessons with one of our excellent in-house singing teachers and participation in our university choirs.
To apply, briefly answer the questions below in an email to email@example.com by Monday 10 April. We will use your responses to determine whether we invite you to audition at the University on Saturday 22 April. We are looking for answers which demonstrate that you would bring some musical experience and would approach participation in our choirs with confidence and enthusiasm.
1. What course are you applying for or already studying (please indicate year of study)?
2. What is your previous experience of singing? Please mention any choirs/groups you may have sung with, any lessons you may have taken, and any grades you may have.
3. What song will you sing at audition? Please state title and composer.
4. Do you require an accompanist? You should provide a copy of the music at audition.
5. What is your favourite song and why? Please include your full name, course and Portsmouth student ID number.