Illustration student designs T-shirt for Wedgewood Rooms

tshirtBA (Hons) Illustration student, Danielle Hackett, has designed a T-shirt for the Wedgewood Rooms, who are asking a series of local artists to create limited edition designs to celebrate their 25-year anniversary.

Danielle says that she was given a relatively loose brief, which allowed the work to reflect her as an artist. Each T-shirt design will be printed only 50 times, and will reflect what the Wedgewood Rooms mean to the artist.

‘Working with the Wedgewood Rooms on this t-shirt design was personally very exciting to me, as I am a big supporter of independent music venues and live music,’ explains Danielle. ‘The involvement of local artists is a great idea, as it celebrates Portsmouth’s creativity and the links between art and music that’s continuously been there for many years. I wanted to add themes of Portsmouth’s background and incorporate music into this, so I decided on a nautical theme, with the instruments falling about in the ocean, capturing the liveliness of the venue. Everyone there is so nice, and gave me a lot of creative freedom, but it also was valuable experience in working with a brief and making work suitable for professional print.’

Click here to buy the T-shirt, or check out Dani on Facebook.