At the sessions, a team of experienced bike mechanics will check everything on your bike from wheels to gears, and brakes to lights. Any minor adjustments or basic repairs can be made there and then. If it can’t be fixed immediately, you will be informed exactly what needs doing and the approximate cost.
The Bike Doctor clinics will take place outside Dennis Sciama Building on the following dates:
- Thursday 12 January, 10.30am–2.30pm
- Thursday 9 February, 10.30am–2.30pm
- Thursday 9 March, 10.30am–2.30pm
There is no need to book.
It’s important to keep your bike in good working order. Make sure that:
• it is the correct size for comfort and safety
• both tyres are inflated properly and have good tread
• the chain is oiled and properly adjusted
• all brakes work and the brake pads aren’t worn
• reflectors and lights are fitted and working – all bikes must have a rear reflector and pedal reflectors fitted by law, and working front and rear lights during the hours of darkness, so remember to keep them clean!