Planning for a positive retirement – workshop

Forward planning is advisable when making any major change and retirement is no exception. Are you sure your retirement plans are realistic?

The University is pleased to announce a new initiative to support and guide those who are considering what retirement might mean for them. This service will be provided through workshops designed to raise your awareness of the key issues you will need to consider, and decisions you will need to make, as you begin to approach this new stage in your life. They are especially suitable for those who think they might like to retire within approximately the next couple of years or so, but are just as valuable for people who have a particular retirement age in mind and those who are not sure yet what age they wish to retire.

“I thought I had sorted my retirement plans, now I realise I need to rethink them.”

“It was really helpful to discuss things with others in the same position.”retirement

“It gave me a different perspective and good ideas.”

This workshop will help you to understand more clearly the changes you will face in both your lifestyle and your finances, the most appropriate ways to deal with them and will dispel some of the myths. You will consider a wide range of retirement-related matters including your occupational and state pension entitlements, personal taxation, estate planning and the decisions you will need to make in respect of how you wish to draw your pension benefits.

Why not join colleagues and a retirement specialist to find out what retirement is really about and if your plans are appropriate. To book a place please contact Emma Bose – emma.bose@port.ac.uk or call 02392 848564. Partners are encouraged and welcome to attend.

Course Dates Location Time
Thursday 21st April 2016 Room 4.18   St Andrew’s Court 9:30 am – 4pm
Wednesday 15th June 2016 Room 3.01 St Andrew’s Court 9:30 am – 4pm
Wednesday 24th August 2016 Room 4.18   St Andrew’s Court 9:30 am – 4pm
Friday 11th November 2016 Room 3.01 St Andrew’s Court 9:30 am – 4pm
Monday 5th December 2016 Room 4.18   St Andrew’s Court 9:30 am – 4pm

1 comment on this postSubmit yours
  1. Cool stuff. Thank you for letting me know about this. Thanks for sharing.