Assessment centres, interview skills and networking
Get that job! Interview skills
I want that job! is a series of events designed to build up your skills and knowledge in preparation for job application processes and interviews. These events give you real life opportunities to prepare for assessment centres, interview skills and networking whilst receiving practical feedback from potential employers.
- Discover what the type of job application processes there are.
- Gain skills from professional careers advisors.
- Put them into practice with employer led days.
- I want that Job! Interview skills
These employer mock interviews really are a rare insight into what employers look for from a graduate in an interview; giving you a head start in the application process.
Employers attending the Employers Mock Interview Day are: Greenbox, Novatech, Lead Forensics, Verisona Law, Printware & Solutions 4 Recruitment.
- Tuesday 28 January – I want that job! How to succeed at interview
- Friday 31 January – I want that job! Competency interview skills
- Friday 31 January – I want that job! Telephone interview skills
- Friday 31 January – I want that job! Commercial awareness
- Monday 3 February – I want that job! Brand me
- Tuesday 4 February – I want that Job! Employer led mock interviews
- Tuesday 4 February – I want that Job! Telephone interviews
- Wednesday 5 February – I want that Job! Face-to-face mock interviews with professional advisers
- Why attend Mock Interview?
It’s very rare to receive feedback from employers following an unsuccessful CV, application form or interview. They expect you to impress them and if you don’t you’re not hired; it’s as simple as that.
Gone are the days of feedback telling you why you didn’t get the job, areas you need to improve on and areas the employer was particularly impressed with.
So you have had an interview for your prefect job. Your following the interview advice you’ve read on the internet and been advised by family and friends but after multiple interviews you still haven’t got a job – what are you doing wrong Don’t get into this situation find out what your doing well and the areas for improvement before the real thing from employers.
As with anything practice makes perfect. Practice interviews will make you more confident; and improve your tailored answers to skills and competency-based questions.
- I want that Job! Networking
Coming soon to Purple Door