Tuesday 22 January 7am
There has been no further snow in Portsmouth. We will only update if there is any significant change.
Monday 21 January 7am
The University is open today. Some pavements have not yet been treated so please take care. Main roads are clear and PCC and Hampshire CC have salted routes overnight. As yet there are no problems with public transport although trains are running to a restricted timetable. The University bus service had no problems during the weekend.
We will review the situation during the day if there is further snow.
Sunday 20 January
Snow is forecast for the next few days. We are monitoring the situation on campus and will provide an update for staff and students by 7am on Monday morning. Please check this page regularly.
Friday 18 January
Various parts of the area are affected by snow. Please check local travel information. If the campus is affected significantly by snow we will provide updates via email and on the staff and student websites –www.port.ac.uk/staffessentials and www.port.ac.uk/students.
– Purple Door, Nuffield Centre reception and all student services in Nuffield Centre will be closing at 3pm today.
– Any staff or students concerned about homeward travel should make arrangements to leave as soon as is practical. – The weekend and Monday will be business as usual unless we update you via this website.
– The Information Centre in St Andrew’s Court and the reception in University House are now closed for today. – Library returns due today will not be charged. Please advise Library staff when you return your books.
– The Cash Desk in University House, and the University Nursery will close at 12 noon today. The University Counter Service in University House will close at 1pm.
Postal service The post service on campus is suspended for today. Submission of assessmentsAny coursework type assessments due to be submitted today will have their submission date extended to Monday 21 January 2013. There will be no need to submit an extenuating circumstances form in these cases. If the assessment is an examination type assessment (perhaps an in-class test or a presentation, for example) then in the case of any student missing the assessment due to the weather and the disruption it has caused, a deferral opportunity should be scheduled. If the examination type assessment event cannot take place because the staff were not available due to the bad weather, then again a further opportunity should be scheduled.
– Snow is heavier in Portsmouth now. The University remains open but lectures and meetings are affected by staff unable to travel. Students please check with your department directly. – If staff and students are on campus but feel that travel home later will be difficult you may wish to leave now. Staff are asked to inform their line manager and any colleagues and students who may be affected.
– The University remains open as usual today but students please check with your department for the latest news or if you are having problems getting to campus. – The University bus and First Buses in Portsmouth are no longer running today.
If staff in your area do not have access to the internet at home, please make local arrangements to contact each other by phone.